We are looking for a dynamic individual who will thrive in a fast-paced, small business environment with room for growth. The Recruiter/HR Assistant’s primary function will be to manage the recruitment process while providing versatile administrative support in a number of areas of Human Resources.
Ideal candidates for this position will have a passion for learning, growth, and self-development. They will also be detail-oriented, results-driven achievers and will excel when taking initiative and working independently. Recruiting experience in a call center environment is a big plus.
Job Description – Recruiter/Human Resources Assistant
The Recruiter/Human Resources Assistant is responsible for recruiting and screening applicants for non-exempt, call center positions within the company. By utilizing a variety of sources such as job boards, community agencies and organizations, advertisements, job fairs, and employee referrals, the Recruiter/Human Resources Assistant finds quality candidates to screen and present to the hiring manager(s). The Recruiter/Human Resources Assistant coordinates candidate testing, background checks, reference checks, and offer extension, as well as supports the Director of Human Resources in implementing and maintaining the Company’s human resources programs, policies, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Sourcing quality candidates for non-exempt, call center positions by: creating and posting employment advertisements; assisting with coordination of and attending career fairs and other recruiting events; conceiving and implementing creative sourcing strategies to reduce time-to-fill; organizing on-campus visits; promoting employee referral programs; and networking with community agencies and organizations.
· Managing the recruitment effort for non-exempt, call center positions by: screening resumes and thoroughly conducting phone screens; scheduling interviews with hiring manager(s); coordinating candidate testing; conducting background and reference checks; extending offers to selected candidates; maintaining the applicant tracking system (ATS); and meeting hiring targets.
· Assisting with on-boarding and orientation of new employees by: preparing and distributing new hire packets and welcome kits; collecting new hire paperwork and checking for accuracy and completeness; entering new employees into the Human Resource Information System (HRIS); and preparing new employee files.
· Actively participating in employer branding strategy and initiatives by: fielding, returning, and responding to employment inquiries in-person and over the phone in a timely manner; maintaining regular communications with candidates; evaluating and providing input on Company careers web page and recruitment process; and assisting with development of recruitment materials.
· Continuously evaluating effectiveness of recruiting and sourcing strategy by compiling data from the HRIS, the ATS, and various other databases and organizing and distributing reports on a regular basis.
· Providing administrative support to Director of Human Resources by: assisting with scheduling and coordination of employee events; drafting, reviewing, editing and/or preparing communications and other documents; creating various administrative reports and spreadsheets, assisting with preparing, and/or responding to general HR correspondence; participating in and/or conducting HR portions of new employee orientation on occasion; assisting in exit interview process; reviewing employee suggestions; and conducting research and compiling information as requested.
· Maintaining employee files by filing papers and documents into appropriate files; may examine employee files to answer questions and provide information to authorized persons.
· Provide administrative support to office by maintaining conference room calendar, visitor and guest schedules and by greeting clients, visitors, guests, and all other external customers both in the office and/or over the phone.
· Safely and successfully performing essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Maintaining reasonably regular, punctual attendance, consistent with the ADA, FMLA, other federal, state and local standards and company attendance policies and procedures.
· Compliance with all personnel policies and procedures.
· Other responsibilities assigned by management.
· Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in a Human Resources and/or Recruiting support role
· Minimum of six months experience in recruiting, preferably in a call center environment
· Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations with regard to recruitment and interviewing
· Excellent interpersonal skills, outgoing and friendly demeanor, and relationship/networking ability
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exhibit a positive and professional attitude
· Excellent verbal communication, effective listening, and follow-up skills
· Ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines and hiring targets
· Ability to maintain high tolerance for stress and to work well under pressure
· Ability to learn, adapt to, and respond well to challenges in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Ability to maintain high level of resourcefulness, self-motivation, and self-direction
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Operates and completes duties and responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. No direct reports.
· Intermediate math skills with ability to analyze, estimate, forecast, and interpret performance using data sets
· Ability to perform basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
· Ability to troubleshoot problems and present solutions for a variety of situations
· Ability to interpret and effectively follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Internet savvy with intermediate to advanced computer knowledge/technological skills
· Word processing, spreadsheets, email software and other related programs
· Ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly, and effectively
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communications, schematics and business plans, technical manuals, and federal, state and local regulations
· Ability to write general business correspondence, and communicate with vendors, and co-workers
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit in front of a computer screen for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to walk, stand, kneel, push, pull, crouch, bend and/or stoop. The incumbent is also required to work with computer systems and use hands for repetitive motions and/or simple grasping.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus both during and after extensive hours in front of the computer.
The noise level of the working environment is usually moderate but can be loud, hectic, boisterous, and stressful.